This coming Thursday, Gemma Bovery hits Swiss cinemas. And to coincide with the movie’s launch, we have five soundtracks for the movie based on a graphic novel that you can win. All you have to do is answer one simple question.
Gemma Bovery tells the story of a baker who takes a closer look at the death of the eponimous Gemma Bovery who lived in the same village in Normandy.
The graphic novel that the movie is based on was written and drawn by Posy Simmonds, who is most famous for her satire on the middle class of England and their lives. She also often invokes the trope of the Doomed Heroine, which was a popular trope in the 18th and 19th century. As such, Gemma and her husband Charlie move to Normandy to get away from it all. To have a quiet life, far off any and all stress and the ridiculousness that is modern life. However, maybe – as Gemma and Charlie discover – life far away from it all isn’t all that.
To coincide with the launch of the movie, you can win your copy of the movie’s soundtrack, because we got five CDs thanks to our friends at Pathé Films. The movie starring Gemma Arterton has some really excellent original music accompanying it. Because while our summer was kind of meh at best, the soundtrack does sound like summer in France.
Don’t believe me? Here’s a trailer. The contest with your quiz question is below the video.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Deadline: Monday, September 22nd, 2014.
- You must be a Swiss resident. We will either send you the prize by mail or we’ll bring it to you. All other countries: We apologize.
- Contestants may only enter once per sweepstakes.
- While we do allow for typos in the answer, only entries with the correct answer are entered into the contest. (Read: It’s okay to spell his name Cpaitan Maeica, but not Hulk).
- Any recourse to courts of law is excluded.
- All decisions are final.
- If your entry is late, it’s late.
- We will only publish the names of the winners with their consent.
- Your e-mail address will only be used to notify you in case you won.